Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, this position provides administrative and secretarial support to the General Manager’s Office.
Key tasks include:
- Scheduling and organizing meetings and special functions.
- Establishing, developing, maintaining and updating filing system and retrieving information when needed.
- Sorting & distributing incoming/outgoing mail. Drafting written responses and/or replying by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responding to routine requests for information.
- Answering phone lines for the General Managers Office. Taking messages or fielding all routine & non-routine questions.
- Liaising with other Departments and outside agencies, including Statutory Bodies and Government Ministries.
- Working independently and within a team. At the request of the General Manager, participates in special projects and committees.
- Composing and designing general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
The ideal candidate MUST possess the following:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent in Secretarial Studies/Administration or Business Administration and five (5) to ten (10) years experience in similar role OR a suitable combination of education and experience.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Must be detail oriented in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- A positive attitude, be goal oriented, self motivated, and be able to motivate others while demonstrating a high level of flexibility to effectively function in a very dynamic environment.
Interested persons are asked to apply in writing to:
The Human Resources Manager
Antigua Public Utilities Authority
P.O. Box 416
Deadline for application is 22nd March, 2013
** Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged **